Indonesia executes six drug convicts, five of them foreigners

Indonesia executes six drug convicts, five of them foreigners
Widodo has pledged to bring reform to Indonesia

Ban appeals to Indonesia to stop death row executions

Ban appeals to Indonesia to stop death row executions
United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon has pleaded to Indonesia to stop the execution of prisoners on death row for drug crimes. AFP PHOTO

Pope: 'Death penalty represents failure' – no 'humane' way to kill a person

Pope: 'Death penalty represents failure' – no 'humane' way to kill a person
The pope wrote that the principle of legitimate personal defense isn’t adequate justification to execute someone. Photograph: Zuma/Rex

Obama becomes first president to visit US prison (US Justice Systems / Human Rights)

Obama becomes first president to visit US prison   (US Justice Systems / Human Rights)
US President Barack Obama speaks as he tours the El Reno Federal Correctional Institution in El Reno, Oklahoma, July 16, 2015 (AFP Photo/Saul Loeb)

US Death Penalty (Justice Systems / Human Rights)

US Death Penalty (Justice Systems / Human Rights)
Woman who spent 23 years on US death row cleared (Photo: dpa)



.

.
"The Recalibration of Awareness – Apr 20/21, 2012 (Kryon channeled by Lee Carroll) (Subjects: Old Energy, Recalibration Lectures, God / Creator, Religions/Spiritual systems (Catholic Church, Priests/Nun’s, Worship, John Paul Pope, Women in the Church otherwise church will go, Current Pope won’t do it), Middle East, Jews, Governments will change (Internet, Media, Democracies, Dictators, North Korea, Nations voted at once), Integrity (Businesses, Tobacco Companies, Bankers/ Financial Institutes, Pharmaceutical company to collapse), Illuminati (Started in Greece, with Shipping, Financial markets, Stock markets, Pharmaceutical money (fund to build Africa, to develop)), Shift of Human Consciousness, (Old) Souls, Women, Masters to/already come back, Global Unity.... etc.) - (Text version)

… The Shift in Human Nature

You're starting to see integrity change. Awareness recalibrates integrity, and the Human Being who would sit there and take advantage of another Human Being in an old energy would never do it in a new energy. The reason? It will become intuitive, so this is a shift in Human Nature as well, for in the past you have assumed that people take advantage of people first and integrity comes later. That's just ordinary Human nature.

In the past, Human nature expressed within governments worked like this: If you were stronger than the other one, you simply conquered them. If you were strong, it was an invitation to conquer. If you were weak, it was an invitation to be conquered. No one even thought about it. It was the way of things. The bigger you could have your armies, the better they would do when you sent them out to conquer. That's not how you think today. Did you notice?

Any country that thinks this way today will not survive, for humanity has discovered that the world goes far better by putting things together instead of tearing them apart. The new energy puts the weak and strong together in ways that make sense and that have integrity. Take a look at what happened to some of the businesses in this great land (USA). Up to 30 years ago, when you started realizing some of them didn't have integrity, you eliminated them. What happened to the tobacco companies when you realized they were knowingly addicting your children? Today, they still sell their products to less-aware countries, but that will also change.

What did you do a few years ago when you realized that your bankers were actually selling you homes that they knew you couldn't pay for later? They were walking away, smiling greedily, not thinking about the heartbreak that was to follow when a life's dream would be lost. Dear American, you are in a recession. However, this is like when you prune a tree and cut back the branches. When the tree grows back, you've got control and the branches will grow bigger and stronger than they were before, without the greed factor. Then, if you don't like the way it grows back, you'll prune it again! I tell you this because awareness is now in control of big money. It's right before your eyes, what you're doing. But fear often rules. …

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Are You There God? Kids Share Their Beliefs

Jakarta Globe, Ade Mardiyati, August 02, 2011

Putu Ambalita Pitaloka Arsana, 5, is a Hindu who says she prays
everyday in the hopes that God will give her a baby brother. (JG Photo)

Related articles

With the start of the holy month of Ramadan, Muslims across the country are fasting, praying and reflecting on their spiritual lives. The Jakarta Globe talked to five youngsters to learn more about the next generation’s religious views and what God means to them.

From praying for a little brother to praying in different places of worship, these children open up about their personal beliefs. Coming from different religious backgrounds, their views offer an interesting glimpse into our diverse multifaith society.

Abdul Rafi Ramadhan, 10, 4th grader

I am Muslim and I believe in God. I don’t know what or who God is but I believe. From what I learned in pengajian (Koranic studies), God created the earth and the sky, the whole universe.

My teacher said that God is invisible and does not come in a form or shape.

I went to pengajian from 2007 to 2010. It was my mother who told me to learn how to read and study the Koran outside of school so that I would do well in the subject [at school].

My father doesn’t work. My mother earns money by working at people’s homes washing their clothes to pay for my school and the pengajian. I work in the evening selling celengan [piggy banks] here in Menteng with other kids. I have a little brother.

I enjoyed my activities at the pengajian because I made a lot of friends there. Another reason is because I want to go to heaven. My teacher taught us about heaven and hell, and he said that you have to pray five times a day and read the Koran, otherwise you will go to hell. But I haven’t prayed lately because I don’t have a sarong to wear.

I also have non-Muslim friends. You can tell which of my friends are not Muslims from their nails. They usually paint their nails black.

Putu Ambalita Pitaloka Arsana, 5, 1st grader

I am Hindu. I believe in God because God is nice. God is nice because I know he can give me a baby brother.

Every day I pray to God at the prayer place upstairs in our home. I have to take the stairs to go there. I don’t know what I say in my prayers but I just say what I want.

I have friends who are not Hindu. They are Muslim and Catholic. I think people have to pray to let God know that we are talking to God.

I also make a wish before I go to sleep. I usually make a wish for my father, my mother and for the baby brother that I really want to have. I don’t have any other wish when I pray. I just want to have a baby brother.

Arif Yunando, 14, 2nd year junior high

If you ask me what my religion is, I don’t know. My father is Buddhist, my mother is Catholic and I go to a Christian school where I only learn about Christianity.

My parents never taught me about religion because they think it is enough that I study about one religion at school. But maybe if I had to choose one, I would choose to become a Christian because that is what I have learned about so far.

I may not have a religion but I believe that God exists. It is all said in the Bible. I go to church by myself, but I also go to temple a lot. I pray when I am in both places and what I say in my prayers is pretty much the same. But when I pray at the temple, I speak in Mandarin a little bit.

In my prayers, I ask God to give me the ability to do well at school, I ask for a lot of good friends and I also ask God to protect me so I don’t get yelled at too much by my mother and older brother [laughs].

I think it is important for people to have a religion because it is part of them being human. A person is not complete without religion. When you don’t have a religion, you only have the bod, but you have no soul. The body decays while the soul is immortal.

Lucy Vicendese, 10, 4th grader

I don’t have a religion and I don’t believe in God. I don’t know what God is. Maybe a spirit or something like that. I don’t know. I just don’t believe in that kind of stuff.

I have friends at school who are religious. They are Muslims and Christians.

I have been to a Catholic church. I went there with my friend about a month ago.

Muhammad Hilmy, 12, 1st year junior high

Religion is our belief toward God. I am a Muslim. If you ask me why I am a Muslim, it is because Islam is the religion that I have known since I was a kid. I also learned about Islam at school. I go to an Islamic school and so does my little sister.

I believe in God because God is the one that created all the living things and the universe. Yet I have never imagined what God is like. God does exist but doesn’t have a shape. There is proof for that. We have the moon, the sun, human beings and the earth.

My parents taught me and my sister about Islam. They taught us how to pray by showing us the movements, and they taught us how to read the Koran. My parents also expect me to finish reading whole chapters [in the Koran] and I’ve done that already.

My parents told us that prayer is compulsory. It is a must and it is not right if you don’t do it. It is a sin. They also said that we go to hell if we don’t pray.

My father always emphasizes the importance of religion. There are also people with different religions from what we believe and that is OK. People who fight because other people have a different religion don’t respect the rights of others. We should all live in peace no matter what others believe.

No comments: