Indonesia executes six drug convicts, five of them foreigners

Indonesia executes six drug convicts, five of them foreigners
Widodo has pledged to bring reform to Indonesia

Ban appeals to Indonesia to stop death row executions

Ban appeals to Indonesia to stop death row executions
United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon has pleaded to Indonesia to stop the execution of prisoners on death row for drug crimes. AFP PHOTO

Pope: 'Death penalty represents failure' – no 'humane' way to kill a person

Pope: 'Death penalty represents failure' – no 'humane' way to kill a person
The pope wrote that the principle of legitimate personal defense isn’t adequate justification to execute someone. Photograph: Zuma/Rex

Obama becomes first president to visit US prison (US Justice Systems / Human Rights)

Obama becomes first president to visit US prison   (US Justice Systems / Human Rights)
US President Barack Obama speaks as he tours the El Reno Federal Correctional Institution in El Reno, Oklahoma, July 16, 2015 (AFP Photo/Saul Loeb)

US Death Penalty (Justice Systems / Human Rights)

US Death Penalty (Justice Systems / Human Rights)
Woman who spent 23 years on US death row cleared (Photo: dpa)



.

.
"The Recalibration of Awareness – Apr 20/21, 2012 (Kryon channeled by Lee Carroll) (Subjects: Old Energy, Recalibration Lectures, God / Creator, Religions/Spiritual systems (Catholic Church, Priests/Nun’s, Worship, John Paul Pope, Women in the Church otherwise church will go, Current Pope won’t do it), Middle East, Jews, Governments will change (Internet, Media, Democracies, Dictators, North Korea, Nations voted at once), Integrity (Businesses, Tobacco Companies, Bankers/ Financial Institutes, Pharmaceutical company to collapse), Illuminati (Started in Greece, with Shipping, Financial markets, Stock markets, Pharmaceutical money (fund to build Africa, to develop)), Shift of Human Consciousness, (Old) Souls, Women, Masters to/already come back, Global Unity.... etc.) - (Text version)

… The Shift in Human Nature

You're starting to see integrity change. Awareness recalibrates integrity, and the Human Being who would sit there and take advantage of another Human Being in an old energy would never do it in a new energy. The reason? It will become intuitive, so this is a shift in Human Nature as well, for in the past you have assumed that people take advantage of people first and integrity comes later. That's just ordinary Human nature.

In the past, Human nature expressed within governments worked like this: If you were stronger than the other one, you simply conquered them. If you were strong, it was an invitation to conquer. If you were weak, it was an invitation to be conquered. No one even thought about it. It was the way of things. The bigger you could have your armies, the better they would do when you sent them out to conquer. That's not how you think today. Did you notice?

Any country that thinks this way today will not survive, for humanity has discovered that the world goes far better by putting things together instead of tearing them apart. The new energy puts the weak and strong together in ways that make sense and that have integrity. Take a look at what happened to some of the businesses in this great land (USA). Up to 30 years ago, when you started realizing some of them didn't have integrity, you eliminated them. What happened to the tobacco companies when you realized they were knowingly addicting your children? Today, they still sell their products to less-aware countries, but that will also change.

What did you do a few years ago when you realized that your bankers were actually selling you homes that they knew you couldn't pay for later? They were walking away, smiling greedily, not thinking about the heartbreak that was to follow when a life's dream would be lost. Dear American, you are in a recession. However, this is like when you prune a tree and cut back the branches. When the tree grows back, you've got control and the branches will grow bigger and stronger than they were before, without the greed factor. Then, if you don't like the way it grows back, you'll prune it again! I tell you this because awareness is now in control of big money. It's right before your eyes, what you're doing. But fear often rules. …

Sunday, March 14, 2010

My Jakarta: Deky Asiam, Papuan Cultural Representative

Jakarta Globe, Zack Petersen, March 14, 2010

"When I left home I had five kids. When I came back, I had 15 grandchildren," Deky says.

Deky Asiam survives by simply being Papuan. He performs at cultural exhibitions in his native Asmat attire and has even been as far away as New York. Most of the time, however, you’ll find him at the Taman Mini Indah Indonesia theme park posing for pictures and selling his carvings. Here he tells us how he came to leave his hometown and family in Papua and created a new life for himself on Java.

How did you end up working at Taman Mini?

I was living in Bandung, working for a government official by taking care of his house, when the head of Papuan cultural affairs called me.

When was that?

That was in 1993. I left my village for the first time in 1978. A visitor to my village took me to Merauke [in Papua]. Later he wanted to take me back but I didn’t want to go. I ran away. I was the first man to leave Pantai Kasuari.

Where did you go?

I’ve been everywhere as a cultural representative; UN headquarters in New York City, Korea, Malaysia and Burma, but now I sell my carvings here. People can also pay to get their picture taken with me.

Tell me about your carvings.

I’ve never had any education or training, I can barely write my own name, but people from Asmat can just carve. We do it naturally. I would say 75 percent of Asmats can carve. I work seven days a week to make money for my wife and our child.

Have you been back to your village since 1978?

I went back in 2002. When I left home I had five kids. When I came back, I had 15 grandchildren. I’ve remarried here on Java. My current wife is Betawi. We have a son together.

Do you consider yourself Indonesian?

Yeah, from Sabang to Merauke, we’re all Indonesian.

Do you have a cellphone?

Yeah, I have Asmat friends I like to call in Australia.

When was the last time you went to the mall?

I don’t go to the mall, I work here. I’m ugly, my wife is pretty. I have to make enough money to give her and my child. I go to the mall or a hotel if there is a cultural expo or something but besides that I don’t spend money.

Have you ever eaten at McDonald’s?

Sure, but I don’t spend my money on that. If I have extra money for food, I give it to my son so he can go and eat at McDonald’s or whatever he wants at the mall.

What’s it like being married to a Betawi woman?

All women are the same, except my wife is beautiful. I’m ugly, that’s why I work so hard, so I can keep my pretty wife happy.

I don’t hit on girls, it’s haram.

You’re a Muslim?

I converted.

Do you put that paint on every morning?

Its modern paint so it goes on and comes off easily. We used to use chalk, charcoal and clay to get the red, white and black. The colors stand for blood, skin and bone.

Do you ever think about moving back to Papua?

What would I do there? I never went to school. I want my son to go to a good school here.

How often do you get to see your wife and son?

I’m off home to Bogor tonight. I’ve been sleeping here at Taman Mini since Sunday.

Deky Asiam was talking to Zack Petersen.

Related Article:

Indigenous people start mapping territory


No comments: